PowerUp is all about growing, connecting, and supporting ideas and capability, and harnessing the expertise and passion required to develop Taranaki’s entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Enterprises, ideas, and individuals will be supported and enabled as PowerUp connects them with a range of new and existing services and opportunities, helping to grow their capability, and broaden their understanding of what they thought possible.
We’ve built PowerUp to bring together Enterprise and bright ideas, and we’re working to build smart, connected communities, so ideas, entrepreneurship and innovation can continue to thrive in Taranaki.
We’re keeping it simple; as easy as one, two, three, with our Grow, Connect, Tell approach.
Do you have a great business idea, do you want to develop your entrepreneurial skills, or maybe you have an early-stage start-up business in Taranaki that you're wanting to take to the next level? If you've answered yes to any of these questions, then this programme is for you.
PowerUp Customised Programme
The PowerUp Customised Programme will run from 6 April to 6 June 2021 and is tailored to the needs of each participant to help move your idea forward. The selected five participants* will receive:
- Tailored support to help progress your business idea
- $3000 seed funding**
- Access to expert mentorship from nationwide pool
- Two months of co-working space access
- Weekly check-ins with Programme Manager
- Benefit of working with other participants and making great connections!
- Chance to pitch to win $10,000 cold hard cash**
*Founder or founder and team
**Seed funding and $10,000 cash to be used on growing your idea/ business
Who is it For?
- You’re needing really pragmatic and practical advice.
- You have some form of market validation but need to test this further.
- You have time and energy to learn but can’t give up full days.
- You have so many questions and really need some mentors and other business owners to bounce ideas off and gain quality connections.
- Your enterprise might have unique intellectual property.
- Your enterprise could be a high value opportunity for Taranaki and NZ.
- You haven’t started selling yet, or you have but it’s early days.
- You’re potentially sitting on a really big and scalable opportunity here but need help to move it forward.
- You are based in Taranaki.
- Your enterprise is for profit (this includes impact/ social enterprises that are for profit).
How Much will it Cost?
This programme is part-time, hands on and remote, meaning you can be based anywhere in Taranaki (we do offer co-working space). We work around your schedule to make this work but we are looking for people who are committed to personal growth and want to invest in speeding up your enterprise success. What you will get in return is a powerful support network and know-how to move forward with your enterprise faster.
PowerUp Ideas Competition Finals Night
Each of the PowerUp Customised Programme participants will pitch in front of a live audience and our judges for the chance to win $10,000 cash to spend on your start-up. There will also be potential investors in the room, as well as a number of other prizes to be won.
1 March 2021: Video pitch applications open
19 March 2021: Video pitch applications close
26 March 2021: Top five notified
7 April 2021: PowerUp customised programme starts (for top 5)
7 June 2021: PowerUp customised programme ends
16 June 2021: Top 5 pitch to win $10,000
Callaghan Innovation Capital Education Workshop
Do you want to raise capital for your business? Callaghan Innovation are inviting you to attend a virtual introductory workshop on the capital-raising process which will help you to kick start your capital-raising journey on Thursday 29 April at 9am.
O2E Business Academy - next season starts 21 April
The O2E Business Academy is run by local business coaches Craig Oliver & Donna Yeats. It is a 6-month business growth programme for business owners who want to scale up and commit to creating a successful and dynamic business.
Using its unique 3 tier structure of Monthly Masterclasses with some of New Zealand’s leading Subject Matter Experts, Facilitated Peer to Peer Support, and 1:1 Business Coaching, the Academy members are set to gain business knowledge and confidence, and receive real-life practical and actionable steps to implement into their businesses that will help them grow their businesses.
Contact the O2E team here: https://www.projecthq.co.nz/contact/
Velocite Growth Project – Next cohort May
The Growth Project is designed for small/early-stage business owners that are ready to take their businesses to the next level by using the collective experience and skills of like-minded business owners. The Growth Project is a 6-month facilitated group mentoring programme that will combine group workshops and one-on-one coaching.
The Growth Project is about utilising the diverse skills of like-minded business owners to:
• solve business challenges
• leverage opportunities
• create accountability
Orion Energy Accelerator
Are you working on a ground-breaking energy innovation that can shape the future of our energy sector and power a cleaner and brighter New Zealand? Take your innovation to the next level with the Orion Energy Accelerator.
Listen to our latest PowerUp podcasts telling the stories of some of the region's entrepreneurs.