Taranaki has been at the heart of New Zealand’s energy industry and will play a key role in its future.
The energy industry is a key component of the Taranaki economy and of strategic importance to the nation. Venture Taranaki provides information about the industry, assistance with strategy and scenario planning, and undertakes innovative projects to respond to opportunities and leverage the changing nature and future potential of the industry. Regional strategy development and action planning concerning the future of the energy industry, actions and activities and the transition to a low emissions economy.
- Establishment of Aka Ake – the national new energy development centre
- Facilitation of the Engineering Taranaki Consortium and Energy Industrial Group, cluster groups comprising more than 20 specialist service companies who meet regularly to undertake collaborative projects and collectively promote their capabilities
- Facilitation of energy-related cluster and working groups focused on regional development projects
- Commissioning of independent research reports, such as H2 Roadmap and Offshore Wind
- Promotion of the region's energy export capabilities and job opportunities through international trade missions to Australia, the UK, and other countries
- Scheduling of events featuring industry experts
- Connections with the government to access grants and assist with management training, research, and development
- Provision of information to attract added-value industries linked to the oil, gas, and petrochemical industries in Taranaki
Investing in Taranaki: Hiringa Energy
Find out about a New Zealand company making a long-term commitment to New Zealand’s new energy future.